DeToyz Mecha Contest 2019
DeToyz Mecha Contest 2019 began! The contest period is set to start from today, 8th July until 15th Sept 2019. Similar to last year theme, we expand our scope from Gunpla to Mecha Anime, you can use any Mecha kit (that you can find at DeToyz) to join our contest. This is our yearly event for our customer to share their modelling work.
The rules and regulations are as below:
- A customer of De Toyz Shop.
- Must be Original model kits (Third party kits are not accepted) - Any Mecha model that scale 1/144 and above.
- The contest is divided into 2 categories:
- Straight build - Category for beginner modellers. Emphasis is placed on nub and flash removal. Basic lining is acceptable but no colouring and coating.
- Modified build - Modified category for beginner/advanced model builders. In this category, entries can modified their model by:
- Battle damage
- Dioramas (maximum size of the diorama is 6"x12")
- Entry form can get from DeToyz shop Seremban started from 8th July 2019.
- Only Model kit that purchased from DeToyz from 8th July 2019 onwards qualify to participate in the contest.
- This contest will run from 8th July until 15th Sept 2019. All entries must submit their finished model to De Toyz Shop Seremban before / on 15th Sept 2019. Winners will be nominated on 22nd Sept 2019.
- All finished model MUST be collected back by the participants on the 22nd Sept 2019 after the announcement of winners.
- Please do email me at least 3 work in progress’ photos (with or without descriptions) during contest period so I can blog it or post on our FB page. Let us know what you are doing. You can either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our FB page's inbox.
- Painting (0-10 points): Quality and execution of the painting, including detail, of the entry.
- Technical (0-10 points): Includes thoroughness of basic model building including nub removal, seams as well as excellence of any modifications.
- Creativity (0-10 points): Aesthetics of the entry, including concept, posing, unique painting scheme and presentation, including diorama if applicable. The more creative and interesting things you do to your entries, the higher you will score!
- Modified build Category:
- 1st Prize: MG Destiny Impulse (Premium Bandai) + Trophy
- 2nd Prize: HG 1/60 ARX-7+XL-2 Arbalest Ver. IV (with XL-2 Booster) + Trophy
- 3rd Prize: Bandai 1/72 Blue Squadron Resistance X-Wing Fighter + Trophy
- Straight build Category:
- 1st Prize: MG MSN-00100 Hyaku-Shiki Ver 2.0 + Trophy
- 2nd Prize: Lancelot Conquista + Trophy
- 3rd Prize: Bandai 1/144 & 1/350 Resistance Vehicle Set + Trophy